Film Wash Color Effects for After Effects – Volume 3
Color grading is the final touch you give to your footage, and it can completely transform the look and emotional impact of your video. We like to think of it as the final loving kiss for your projects. We’re not talking about regular, simple color correction presets – Film Wash works in specific ways to give the video a deep, textured rinse.
Ready for Action – A Source of Inspiration
All the Film Wash looks are ready to use, straight out of the box. We know that not all footage reacts in the same way to a color grade, so everything is still fully customisable. Make quick tweaks if you need to, and the included video tutorial will guide you through the most effective ways to do that.
Compatible with After Effects V7 and above (including Creative Cloud)
Film Wash Color Effects for After Effects works perfectly on adjustment layers. This is important. It means you can dial back the effect to the strength you need, and even better, you can mix Looks together to create extra depth to your picture with infinite possibilities.
Start Where You Want – Get the Look You Need
Film Wash works great to create a consistent look. All you have to do is get your primary balance right. When you do it is up to you. Start with a Film Wash to get you going, then tweak clips as you need to. Alternatively, use the effects to add a final sheen to your footage.
If you’re happy using your normal color correction tools that’s great. The nature of Film Wash means it acts as a perfect supplement to your current tools. That’s one of the ways we use it too! All the Film Wash grades have been used across various projects – clients are amazed at how quickly their footage stops looking like video and takes on a different mood and character. Whether you work in DV, SD or HD you can always use a good Film Wash.
What Do You Get?
Film Wash Color Effects for After Effects Vol. 3 consists of 39 customizable Animation Presets. These are placed into seven categories based on the main color tone for easy searching. There is also a section devoted to creating eye-popping monochrome pictures – taking you beyond regular black & white.
In addition to this you get:
- Nine Vignette Styles – Use them as a part of the overall look, or quickly animate them to enhance certain areas of the image. Easy to control, fast to animate, even faster to render. This is by far the most flexible solution for creative vignettes.
- FW-Skyline Enhancer – Stuck with a boring, dull skyline? Add a Skyline Enhance and make it pop.
- FW-VHS Quality – Your video looks too good, so simulate the dark-days before DVD with our VHS Quality filter.
- Six Film Damage effects – Six modular, effects to beat up your perfect film. Each effect can be added separately, so you only have to spend render time on effects you’re actually using:
- FW-Fast Grain – Quickly renders some grain out when you can’t afford to wait for the other plug-ins.
- FW-Scratches – Add customizable scratches to your footage. People will swear that it looks like you’ve never had your projector serviced.
- FW-Film Flicker – Control the strength and amount of flicker to create a subtle or highly stylized look.
- FW-Gate Weave – Make your film lurch around the screen or gently flick up and down. You can even add motino blur if you want.
- FW-Gate Weave Edges – You wanted edges with your Gate Weave? Well, here it is for you. Still customizable, still with motion blur, but with edges!
- FW-Film Warper – Film gets pulled around throughout its active life. Do the same for your video, and add the missing ingredient in most “vintage film” looks.
- FW-Highlight Bloom – Add a touch of magic to your highlights with this diffusion effect.
The price of similar plug-ins that create these extra effects stretches into hundreds of dollars. And you get them free with Film Wash for After Effects Vol.3. Aren’t we nice.
Finally, you also get 30 minutes of video training, showing you how to use the filters and some other cool color correction tips.